QAP is about one thing – SAFETY
That makes our message simple: Cutting a corner could cost lives – so safety is top of mind, all the time.
NMEDA Canada is the certifying body for the nationally recognized Quality Assurance Program (QAP); the only accreditation for auto mobility businesses in North America. We are very proud of the fact that vocational rehabilitation agencies in 26 states and the province of Quebec require QAP accreditation for any business that modifies vehicles in their jurisdiction.
All NMEDA Canada members, regardless of member type, are required to abide by the QAP Rules. That’s because NMEDA Canada members believe in doing it right. Cutting a corner could cost lives – so safety is top of mind, all the time.
Each year, NMEDA Canada dealers undergo a third party audit to ensure they adhere to the QAP Rules & Guidelines. NMEDA Canada dealers must:
- Maintain a Quality Control Manual documenting processes, tools, training and facilities
- Have technicians trained and certified for the equipment they sell, service and install
- Provide 24-hour emergency service
- Have certified welders if performing structural modifications to vehicles
- Meet accessible facility requirements
- Maintain specialized tools and calibrations
- Maintain records of all adaptive work
- Maintain Garage Keepers and other required liability insurance
- Abide by the mediation committee’s decisions when a consumer complaint is lodged
- Abide by the NMEDA Guidelines
More About QAP
For a comprehensive look at the entire program, including the complete Rules, see the QAP Program Description page.